COVID-19 Resources for Clinic Continuity
As we continue to navigate the ever changing COVID-19 landscape, we are realizing the need for flexibility and fluidity. Our industry has been dramatically impacted by the stay at home orders and need for social distancing, so how can you continue to run your clinic and serve your patients?
We understand the apprehension of facing another lockdown and have spent the past eight months building tools to support a seamless transition from in-person to remote treatments. Our COVID features allow your clinic to continue to operate and earn revenue:
- Utilize telemedicine to schedule remote treatments and consults to replace in-person treatments. Look at patients’ tongues via telemedicine or photos to prevent and avoid mask removal in person.
- Communicate changes and updates to your clinic hours and operations via email marketing integration
- Collect patient payment details when appointments are booked to charge for appointments remotely or enforce no-show and cancellation fees
- Prescribe (and earn revenue!) directly from Fullscript. Immunity-boosting supplements delivered right to your patients’ door.
- Schedule and remind patients to fill out screening forms from the device of their choosing prior to their appointments
See these features in action:
We have put together a guide to implement these in your clinic, as well as provide additional resources and tips to keep your clinic active and thriving.
Other considerations for clinics:
- Safety is the number one priority: Ensuring the safety of yourself and others will help stop the spread, create a positive and safe environment and set the tone for your patients on how seriously you are taking COVID-19 and its implications.
- Keep yourself safe
- Keep your staff safe
- Keep your patients and other clinic visitors safe
- Develop an action plan: With the landscape ever changing, create solutions (both short and long term) to keep your business moving.
- Establish requirements at your practice (how many patients inside at once, how long in between appointments, temperature checks, cleaning procedures)
- Will you keep the same business hours?
- Have clear signs and directions for patients and visitors to your practice. Check out these templates here that you can download and print.
- Remember to be flexible, fluid, and adaptable: Because of the many unknowns with COVID-19, we are still understanding what we can and cannot do. Being flexible and adaptable is crucial for your business and sanity!
- Clinic hours may need to be adjusted to accommodate your new rules
- Offering additional services that do not rely on in person appointments (telehealth, acupressure training, nutrition).
- Connecting and communicating with your patients: Continue connecting and communicating with your patients, even if you can’t see them as frequently as you used to.
- Utilize email marketing. We have a number of resources to help make email marketing easy and effective. Blogs, webinars, and an integration with Constant Contact. Check them out here:
- How To Create A Content Marketing Strategy For Your Clinic
- 3 Tools for Communicating With Patients
- Compliant Email Marketing 101
- Webinar: How to Effectively Engage with Patients Using Constant Contact
- HIPAA Compliant Email Marketing
- Set up SMS reminders
- Add additional streams of revenue to your clinic: Traditionally, acupuncturists treat their patients by working with them physically, but we want to remind you that your scope of offerings is wider than you think.
- Packages/Specials (offer promotions, specials like buy 10 get one free, or discounts on packages)
- How Do I Set Up Telemedicine Services?
- How Do I Schedule and Join Telemedicine Appointments (Practitioner)?
- How Do Patients Schedule and Join Telemedicine Appointments?
- How do I Bill Telehealth/Telemedicine Services?
- Telehealth Video Conferencing FAQs
- The Scope of Your Practice Is Wider Than You Think
With so many things up in the air and regulations changing daily, we need to be vigilant in having a plan to move forward. The first shutdown taught us how to be resilient and an idea of what to expect. We can go into this second wave of COVID with some insight and actionable items to keep life as normal as possible.
PREVENT SECURITY BREACHES AND PROTECT PHI
Operating during the global pandemic, whether in the office or working remotely? Not sure of how to handle HIPAA compliance when using technology to communicate with patients? Worried about the rise in COVID-19 scams and data breaches? Download the HIPAA Secure Guide for protecting your clinic and training your staff on best practices HERE
Using telehealth to communicate with patients during this pandemic? Not sure how HIPAA comes into play with these remote communications? Check out a free Resource Guide for HIPAA Compliance & Telehealth Guidelines During COVID-19 will provide you with the information you need regarding telehealth and the Office for Civil Right's enforcement discretion during this time. Download Telehealth Compliance and Implementation best practices HERE
Cyber Security Insurance Coverage
To keep up with the ever changing COVID landscape, more and more information and data is stored virtually. Are you protected?
CM&F Group’s CyberProGuard is a comprehensive cyber liability insurance policy designed to meet the needs of your business. The data breach coverage includes features like automatic coverage for income loss from network disruptions due to a data breach. The policy includes a free cyber risk report, regularly updated risk and compliance materials, online courses that can be assigned to employees and unlimited, confidential phone and email consultation. In the event of a patient data breach or network disruption, you will have access to a 24/7/365 reporting hotline and a network of tried and tested legal, forensics and service experts to manage the response. Learn More HERE.
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES - ASSOCIATIONS and TELEHEALTH BEST PRACTICES
Many associations offer guidelines, webinars, and support for ensuring scope of practice, safety, and best practices for practitioners switching to telehealth, treating COVID symptoms, etc. We highly recommend joining an association for additional guidance and support in times like these. Here are a few that offer COVID support currently:
FSOMA - Florida State Oriental Medical Association
CSOMA - California State Oriental Medical Association
ASNY - Acupuncture Society of New York
Safety & Regulations of TCM Herbal Telemedicine
CSOMA Forum and Network
CCAOM Best Practices for re-opening your clinic